The Research Group on Mathematics Applied to Cryptography began its activities in 1992 under the direction of Professor Paz Morillo.
Our research is focused on mathematical problems appearing in Cryptography, mainly in Public key Cryptography, Distributed Cryptography and Unconditionally Secure Cryptographic Protocols.
Currently, the head of the group is Jorge Villar.
- The first Catalan nanosatellite, designed by the UPC, was successfully launched with three experiments on board
- UPC-led European project brings low-cost 3G to heart of Peruvian jungle
- Researchers at the FIB improve software applications based on user experience
- The UPC inaugurates the first acoustic tunnel in Europe to investigate how to recover the acoustic balance of the oceans
- UPC leads Catalan universities in European Horizon 2020 projects for 2014-2015