The Research Group on Mathematics Applied to Cryptography began its activities in 1992 under the direction of Professor Paz Morillo.
Our research is focused on mathematical problems appearing in Cryptography, mainly in Public key Cryptography, Distributed Cryptography and Unconditionally Secure Cryptographic Protocols.
Currently, the head of the group is Jorge Villar.
- UPC among world’s thirty best universities in Architecture and top forty in Civil and Structural Engineering
- A device with mobile games and remote medical monitoring for at-home pelvic floor rehabilitation
- UPC students launch balloon into stratosphere with drawings made by children at Sant Joan de Déu Hospital
- UPC patents system for cardiovascular pre-diagnosis—in under a minute—based on contact with user’s hands or feet
- Catalan scientists develop new high-precision method for analysing and comparing functioning and structure of complex networks