The Research Group on Mathematics Applied to Cryptography began its activities in 1992 under the direction of Professor Paz Morillo.
Our research is focused on mathematical problems appearing in Cryptography, mainly in Public key Cryptography, Distributed Cryptography and Unconditionally Secure Cryptographic Protocols.
Currently, the head of the group is Jorge Villar.
- The architect Juan José Lahuerta presents his plans as director of the Gaudí Chair
- According to the US News rankings, the UPC is among the top 50 universities in the world in Engineering and Computer Science
- The UPC is coordinating a European project on new optical and photonic technologies for early diagnosis of diseases
- Amal Hadweh, promoter of the Palestinian-Israeli Women’s Dialogue project, has received honorary doctoral degree
- A molecular selfie reveals how a chemical bond breaks: a proton is seen escaping the molecule